ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Haas" <thomas.h...@softwired-inc.com>
Subject Re: Ant Principles
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2000 21:12:06 GMT

> For the case where projects define their own taskdefs that don't really
> need to be "installed" on the users machine, we can offer an alternate
> syntax for the load statement. The following will basically create an
> "anonymous" module (using the ant-special.jar and utils.jar, both in the
> lib directory) and load it on the fly:
>
> <load classpath="lib/ant-special.jar:lib/utils.jar"/>

1) Can you handle task depending on classes, which are part of another task
ans residing in another jar?
2) Syntactic sugar: Allow URLs to allow even easier deployment (ideal for
large installations with unattendet builds running) and the Path class (with
extensions);

<load>
    <classpath definition="lib/ant-special.jar:lib/utils.jar">
        <element location="${user.home}/.ant/ext/my.jar"/>
        <element url="http://build.example.org/ant/ext/more.jar"/>
        <element url="http://build.example.org/ant/ext/even/more.jar"/>
    </classpath>
</load>