ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: XSLT task
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2000 17:42:34 GMT
> 2- I've seen that you build the document tree with DOM. I think
>    this is a mess : you build an object tree two times (when
>    parsing with DOM and when creating task tree). I think
>    this would be a good idea to use SAX instead. Less memory
>    and CPU usage. Of course, this would be a big task as
>    this would imply to rewrite a big piece of code, but I
>    think this is necessary.

It was a hack to get up and running quickly.

> 3- Properties are broken : they apply whatever the target. I
>    would suggest to reduce the scope to the target they live
>    (and called <ant> in this target). It would be nice to add a
>    chance to define properties within <project> element, those
>    properties being global (as <variable> for XSLT).

Actually the more that we talk about properties, the more I think that they
belong in the project and *shouldn't* be given in tasks. Like System
properties. If you are going to have constants, make 'em global.

> 4- It would be nice to have a build.dtd.

Not possible. Taskdef'ing allows arbitray tasks to be defined.

.duncan