ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Where is sun.tools.javac documented?
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2000 17:30:12 GMT
> Where can I find documentation on the various JDK versions of
> sun.tools.javac.Main.compile?

In the source code.

> I'd like to take a look in support "modern" compiles (bug 129), and
getting
> rid of such kludges as parsing the output stream for "error" (bug 88), but
> I would like to know a bit more about how the APIs are supported to work
> before proceeding...

The javac apis were never written to be picked up and used this way. At
least the "classic" javac. I haven't yet really dug into the internals of
the new Javac (the one shipping with 1.3) to see what's up with it.

Hence the call through the main method with a String[] args as if it came
from a command line.

.duncan