Hi Glen,
I downloaded the 23 Jan build but if you say it won't work then maybe I'll may try the latest build. It looks like a ton of stuff has been done according to the 2-28 index.html manual.

I'm trying to package a WAR file which looks like this.
index.html
login.jsp
... jsp
WEB-INF/

so I really don't want to specify every html and jsp file.

Eric :-)

Glen Goodwin wrote:

I experienced the same problem although I am using a build from January.  The syntax of your jar command is valid, it just hates wildcards in the items attribute.  If you step back a directory and give it the directory name it will traverse the tree and jar fine.  For example, I am using

        items="net,SessionManager,*.class"

Which doesn't work.  But if I remove the *.class from the list, it works fine.

I have downloaded a February build of the ant jar and intend to try that, but have, as of yet, not had time to work with it.  I know that directory parsing and pattern matching was added about a month ago, and it is my hope that this will correct the jar problem.

Please let me know if you have any more success.

You can find the dialy build of ant at http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/nightly/

Glen

Glen R. Goodwin - worldweb.net - Senior Product Engineer
-- Alexandria VA -- glen@worldweb.net -- arei@usa.com --

"Pleasure to me is wonder--the unexplored, the
unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless
thing that lurks behind the superficial mutability.  To
trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the
ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the
finite; these are to me the springs of delight
and beauty." - H.P. Lovecraft (In Defence of Dagon)