ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Generalization of available (setif and setunless)
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2000 07:23:19 GMT

 sr> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

 >> Kind of embarrassing to introduce myself with a not too well
 >> informed proposal, sorry.

 sr> Nothing ill-informed about your proposal.

Thank you Sam.

 sr> And, quite frankly, the current state is a bit confusing.

I see what you mean and I understand the reasons - I think.

 sr> Whether or not that is the right thing for XSLT, there is
 sr> consensus that we do _NOT_ want to do that with Ant.

I agree and yes maybe I was pushing somewhat too far into this
direction.

 sr> Is there some way that you can restructure your proposal so that
 sr> it takes advantage of other languages instead of duplicating
 sr> them?

I think what my proposal really boils down to is: bind parameters
later and only bind those belonging to tasks that actually get
executed.

After that almost everything I wanted to accomplish could be done
without changing anything - maybe add an optional value attribute to
Available.

As you've said, this one has already been discussed before. Could
somebody please summarize the state of this discussion (for me) - I
guess we might need a mailing list archive.

Thanks

        Stefan