ant-dev mailing list archives

From Edwin Park <...@parkplace.dhs.org>
Subject Re: Ant under Linux Blackdown
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2000 18:00:55 GMT
Hi Rich,

I am using the Blackdown JDK 1.2.2 RC4 and Ant works fine with it.  The
sun javac files are in the lib/tools.jar file of the JDK distribution,
which you need to append to your classpath when building Ant.  That should
solve your problem.

Edwin

On 27 Mar 2000 rich@giuli.com wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I am new to Ant and am trying to run it on Linux w/ the Blackdown port(1.2.2). The blackdown
port does not define the class sun.tools.javac.Main, so Ant will not compile java files. Has
anyone encountered this problem? As a fix I am thinking of writing a new task that will generate
a makefile for the compile and execute the makefile if the class sun.tools.javac.Main is not
found. Any suggestions/fixes?