ant-dev mailing list archives

From Edwin Park <>
Subject Re: conditional build
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2000 03:24:54 GMT

Is there an archive of this mailing list anywhere?  I have some things to
say on this issue, but I joined this list only recently, and I get the
feeling that I'll just be rehashing a discussion that everyone is tired of
already, and if that's the case then I'm better off not saying anything as
it would only be falling on deaf ears.  Still, I'd be interested in
finding out what has transpired so far.

> I want to clarify that I'm not dogmatic about keeping functionality out of
> Ant, I'm dogmatic about keeping it out of the build file itself. Note that
> dynamic taskdef'ing allows any functionality implemented as Java class files
> to be plugged in. One of the things that I'd like to figure out how to do is
> make this pick up of non core taskdefs easier to do. Also note that I have
> no problem with calling out to scripts. And maybe the taskdef that calls out
> to a script exposes the project properties list somehow which would have
> side effects.
> But the XML itself shouldn't be programmtic.
> I don't want to go around for another few weeks round of discorse on what it
> means to say that or nit pick on the exact definition of each and every
> word. Instead, I'm pulling together a requirements document for Ant.NG. I'll
> post it as soon as it's in a state to be posted. I had promised it by the
> time I got back to California from ApacheCON -- and I just might hit that as
> I played hookey in Chicago and am getting back into the bay area on Tuesday
> eve.
> .duncan

View raw message