ant-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: What flavour of scripting?
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2000 22:04:02 GMT
> > The only problem used to be that you can't have &java.home; or define new
> > entities with -Danme=value using normal DOM ( AFAIK ). With SAX is trivial
> > - DocumentHandler can resolve entities to anything.
> Nope... There's no standard way for resolving entity references outside
> the scope of the parser. Do remember that the EntityResolver interface
> does not resolve entity references, but entities themselves, translating
> Public+System IDs into InputSources.
> Probably it's better to stick with the current stuff...

Yes, it may not be so easy, but I still think we should use the same
rules and semantic for constants, with a different syntax.

I was thinking of external entities used for command line parameters or
java properties. Like:

<!ENTITY java_home SYSTEM "java:java.home" >
<!ENTITY command_line_foo SYSTEM "param:foo" >

and using resolveEntity( pubId, systemId) to get the value.

But we should listen the xml experts :-), do we have any other
trick/magic we can use?

View raw message