ant-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: Flexibility Syndrom
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2000 18:08:51 GMT
> At least all this discussion is not for nothing. The important point is:
> <property> has broken
> functionality /semantics. Either replace that with the xml entity or make that
> clearly a variable,
> I don't care as long as the behavior of this is *really* intuitive.

The behavior _is_ intuitive if you don't try to look at properties as

The current semantic is very simple - they work like entities, except that
you don't have to declare them in the <!DOCTYPE > section.

That means each property is evaluated and replaced when the document is
read. I think CPP #defines work in the same way.

Yes, property treated as variable is broken.

View raw message