ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael McCune" <mcc...@pop.peoplescape.com>
Subject RE: problem with writing a task
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2000 23:35:53 GMT
I am having exactly the same problem Fontis is having.  I am using 3.1 Beta
1 (also tried 3.1 Beta1 RC1) and it refuses to work.  I tried 3.0 and it
worked fine.

Not sure what broke in 3.1.. or what I'm doing wrong.  I tried the examples
to a T that was sent out a few messages back, and got the following stack
trace:

D:\dev\test>java -Djava.compiler=NONE org.apache.tools.ant.Main
Buildfile: build.xml
Project base dir set to: D:\dev\test
The class attribute is deprecated. Please use the classname attribute.
BUILD CONFIG ERROR: Could not create task of type: mytask due to
java.lang.NullPointerException:
org.apache.tools.ant.BuildException:
Could not create task of type: mytask due to java.lang.NullPointerException:
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.createTask(Project.java:380)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureTasks(ProjectHelper.java:187)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureTargets(ProjectHelper.java:164)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.java:127)

D:/dev/test~>

If I switch back to 3.0 it works fine, thanks for any help!
Mike