ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@ebinteractive.com.au>
Subject RE: Unbundling copying support files from the javac task
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2000 22:23:25 GMT
Glenn,

The problem is that there tends to be other files that end up being copied
across that you don't really want. For example, CVS can leave versions of
files around when you do an update and there is a conflict., editors can
leave backup files, etc. My view is that you should be explicit about what
you want copied into the build area.

Of course, we could go for a backwards compatible attribute to control the
behaviour

<javac copysupport="false" ...>

Each such option, however, adds to ant's complexity. It may be better to
reduce optionality rather than increase it.

Conor