ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Edwards, Jayme" <>
Subject Ant module in Forte
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2000 18:55:46 GMT
I've written a module for Forte for Java 1.0 that adds support for Apache's "Ant" build scripting
tool and am trying to figure out the best way to open the source up and get it finished.
I would like to contribute it under the Apache license, I'm not sure if it would be better
to host on a Sun CVS or Apache/Jakarta CVS server. Either way, the module currently:

*	Requires Xalan 1.0, Xerces 1.0.3 and any version of Ant Post March 1st
*	Coexists properly with the XML module
*	Allows building of Ant projects and execution of Ant targets from within the IDE
*	Displays properties of each project, target, or task
*	Allows extensibility through a configurable XML file that maps tasks to attribute sets
*	Contains a template for creating a new project (in progress)
*	Will allow addition of new tasks with auto-validation for the required set of attributes
for that task (wizard in progress)

Please let me know ASAP, I am working on another extensive integration project using Forte
and could really use any help with development of the module from the community.

Jayme Edwards
Rockwell Software
Control Studio >>
[ ]