ant-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: I want to become an Ant developer
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2000 14:57:21 GMT

Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>Probably some kind of functional extension along the line of
>"${prop1}.equals(${prop2})" or similar.

   <script language="JavaScript">
     task73.setCondition(prop1 == prop2)
   </script>

>From your reaction I guess this one has been discussed over and over
>again in the past.

It has, and the issue is not going to go away.  Even if everyone today
agreed on how to address this, people will continue to join and see the
rough edges.

Everyone sees the potential of Ant to become a pearl, one that will be
polished smooth by the application of small amounts of friction over a long
period of time.

- Sam Ruby