ant-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject new *optional* scripting taskdef
Date Sun, 19 Mar 2000 03:42:59 GMT

OK, I've taken the plunge.  I've committed a scripting task to Ant.

If you like, think of it as a revolution.  It is in a separate
subdirectory, and it is not included in the bootstrap or included in the
Ant build by default.

Or, if you prefer, think of it as a first step towards moving the non-core
tasks out of the "minimalist" version of Ant.  Perhaps someday, we will
have two separate Jars.

In any case, below I've included a working script.  It doesn't do anything
useful, but it does give an indication of what is possible.

   <?xml version="1.0"?>

   <project name="test" default="main">

     <target name="main">
        <property name="welcome" value="from BSF!" />
        <echo message="hi there" id="echoTask"/>

        <script language="javascript">
           echoTask.setMessage(welcome)
           echoTask.execute()
        </script>