ant-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Improvements for javac for ant ...
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2000 10:44:40 GMT

Gerhard Wiesinger wrote:

>Added a nice feature to jakarta/ant/javac to exclude some specific
>directories from the build.

You can already do that with the existing ant.  Syntax is

  <javac excludes="**/directory1/**,**/directory2/**" />

You can even do it on multiple lines with nested xml:

  <javac>
    <exclude name="**/directory1/**">
    <exclude name="**/directory2/**">
  </javac>

>A second feature I added was to disable copying the support files (see
>above). Default is to copy the support files.

My plans are to shortly remove the logic to copy support files, without
providing the option to include them.  Before I do this, I will update the
build.xml files in the jakarta and xml.apache.org projects to have an
explicit copy task whenever it is required.

- Sam Ruby