ant-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Unbundling copying support files from the javac task
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2000 19:58:03 GMT

At the moment, the javac task does two things: compiles java source files
and copies any other files it finds in the source directory into the
destination directory.

What this generally means is that my jar files tend to contain such
artifacts such as editor backup files.  And when run on projects which were
not initially designed to be used by ant, it will pick up readmes, jni
code, obsolete Makefiles and other junk.

What I would like to propose is that the function to copy support files be
removed from javac.  People who desire the current level of functionallity
could simply add a
   <copydir excludes="**/*.java">
task to their build.xml files

- Sam Ruby