ant-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject XML Entities (was: What flavour of scripting?)
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2000 12:58:08 GMT

Costin wrote:
> Hey, I said  I'm sorry - that's what happens when you try to do something
> quickly. Feel free to -1 it and I'll rool it back  - feedback _is_
> important, sooner the better!

Er, no.  Actually strongly +1.

And I like the suggestion to move to entities.  Can we have both?

> For -D and "special" entities you need to tell the parser how to resolve
> the entity. It's another hack, but at least the semantic for entities is
> defined clearly and not so easy to turn into something else.

If I'm understanding this correctly, the logic to expand entity references
would be in XmlMapper, not in every task, right?

Also, how would tasks like Available work?  It seems to me that this too
should be moved outside the scope of the document.  Perhaps it should be a
processing instruction (XML PI)?

- Sam Ruby