ant-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: XSL taskdef (vote to include)
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2000 00:14:01 GMT

Kevin A. Burton wrote:
> On including .jar files... I really don't think this is a big problem.
> I do not however like the project-x/javac stuff and I am glad that is
> gone.  However xalan is OSS and our own Dog Food so we should eat it :)

I don't like doing this, but -1 to adding another jar file, however worthy.
If you need any help in finding a suitable alternative, I'll be glad to

When I joined this project, there was an ant.jar in CVS and no
for Unix.  I removed the former and added the latter.  Later code which
required the Xerces parser was introduced.  I changed the code so that
Xerces wasn't required at compile time.

I'll make sure that this taskdef is included in the binary builds.

- Sam Ruby

View raw message