ant-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: What flavour of scripting?
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2000 03:10:27 GMT

dIon wrote:
> Sam's going to hate me for this, but ...
> Why don't we consider Bean Scripting Framework from IBMs alphaWorks. It
> currently supports many languages, and is easy to enable for.

Huh?  I'm BSF's biggest fan.

Expect to see BSF truly open source RSN.  CVS repository and everything.

Now that Ant supports conditional compilation, expect to see BSF an
optional part of several Apache projects.  And several Apache projects as
option plugins to BSF (example: make no mistake about it, Ant is a
scripting language.  If you have any doubt, take one look at
tomcat-test.xml).

Of course, I now have a build.xml file for BSF itself, so BSF will build
with Ant.

And, yes, I already have been playing with the taskdef.

This being said, I am actually against BSF being a _required_ component of
any of the Apache projects, with the possible exception of Cocoon's XSP.

- Sam Ruby