ant-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: What flavour of scripting?
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2000 09:41:22 GMT

Costin wrote:

> +1 if we make variables substitution explicit. I don't like the fact
> that the XML reader does variable magic ( please don't show me the CVS
> logs or old mails !).

This isn't Congress, where the surest way to kill a bill is to attach an
unpopular admendment to it.  ;-)

You are right, this was discussed before, and if you like, we can discuss
it again.  Just separately please.

Fortunately, increasing the size of every class that implements Task, and
introducing the possibility for inconsistencies and error (you can see on
which side of this issue I come down on, eh?) doesn't affect what is really
important - the simplicity, elegance, and power of build.xml.

- Sam Ruby