ant-dev mailing list archives

From William Uther <will+...@cs.cmu.edu>
Subject dependancies (was: Re: FW: 1 suggestion and 1 bug...)
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2000 18:08:23 GMT
Hi,
  I've also been thinking about this.  The current javac task doesn't
handle dependancies between java files.  If you change an interface then
you have to clean and remake to check all files that use that interface are
consistant.

  The other part of this is that I don't want to have to specify the
dependancies in all cases.  There should be a make-depend like system.

  Currently Ant is closer to a scripting language than a dependancy
tracking system.  Adding dependancies seems to be a non-trivial change.  (I
know some people disagree about Ant being a scripting language.  Please
flame off list.)

later,

\x/ill         :-}

--On Wednesday, March 29, 2000 12:15 PM -0500 Matthew L Daniel