ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant module in Forte
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:52:06 GMT
"Edwards, Jayme" wrote:

> I've written a module for Forte for Java 1.0 that adds support for Apache's "Ant" build
scripting tool and am trying to figure out the best way to open the source up and get it finished.
 I would like to contribute it under the Apache license, I'm not sure if it would be better
to host on a Sun CVS or Apache/Jakarta CVS server. Either way, the module currently:

> *       Requires Xalan 1.0, Xerces 1.0.3 and any version of Ant Post March 1st
> *       Coexists properly with the XML module
> *       Allows building of Ant projects and execution of Ant targets from within the
IDE
> *       Displays properties of each project, target, or task
> *       Allows extensibility through a configurable XML file that maps tasks to attribute
sets
> *       Contains a template for creating a new project (in progress)
> *       Will allow addition of new tasks with auto-validation for the required set of
attributes for that task (wizard in progress)

> Please let me know ASAP, I am working on another extensive integration project using
Forte and could really use any help with development of the module from the community.

Uuuh, that sounds awesome!!

Ok, proposal:

 - Edwards donates the code to us (this means APL on top,
org.apache.tools.ant package names)
 - we place this into the jakarta-ant CVS (where you like it most)
 - give Edwards commit access
 - modify the ant build.xml to create two distributions: ant-plain and
ant-for-forte

What do you think?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.