ant-dev mailing list archives

From David Bullock <dbull...@lisa.com.au>
Subject Re: Optional taskdefs and providing additional params to Taskdefs
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:06:17 GMT
IMHO, ANT is going to need a (custom?) ClassLoader, and the extra Task
classes should be loadable into a build.xml-configurable 'extension' URL.
Valid candidates for Tasks will of course implement a tag interface.  It
will need this anyway later on in ANT's life when it starts to do
distributed builds on multiple machines (so that the AntBuildController can
divvy out tasks acording to any platform-specific constraints.  :-)

$0.02,
David.

--
David Bullock
Project Leader

"It's no use saying 'We are doing our best.'  You
have got to succeed in doing what's necessary."
    ...Winston Churchill

LISAcorp
http://www.lisa.com.au/

Adelaide                  Sydney
38 Greenhill Rd           Level 3, 228 Pitt Street
Wayville S.A. 5034        Sydney NSW 2000

PH  +61 8 8272 1555       PH  +61 2 9283 0877
FAX +61 8 8271 1199       FAX +61 2 9283 0866