ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@relativity.yi.org>
Subject Re: proposal
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2000 10:17:00 GMT
Fotis Jannidis wrote:

> Concerning the discussion about what kind of task to implement etc.: Why don't leave
> things as they are but build up a repository for additional tasks? So if I need xslt
I can
> go there.
> Fotis

It could be done cleaner... perhaps from a
org.apache.tools.ant.optional.taskdefs package.  The optional ones would
be defined through properties.  Then all you would have to do is have an
extra .jar in your classpath.

I honestly don't like this.  However, I received a -1 on adding the .jar
and making it standard.  All in all I think that we end up with a larger
kludge.

Kevin
--
Kevin A Burton (burton@apache.org)