ant-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What flavour of scripting?
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2000 04:34:38 GMT
costin@eng.sun.com wrote:

> > > What about this - we remove ${foo} and properties. Use &entity; which is
> > > standard XML construct and defined by W3C.
> >
> > That's one thing I wanted to change in "my" ant... Why properties when
> > entities are soooo much nicer??? :)
>
> Yes, that's what I want too - I said that 3-4 times during this thread but
> it seems there is too much noise. I'm glad I'm not alone !

Heheheheh :)

> The only problem used to be that you can't have &java.home; or define new
> entities with -Danme=value using normal DOM ( AFAIK ). With SAX is trivial
> - DocumentHandler can resolve entities to anything.

Nope... There's no standard way for resolving entity references outside
the scope of the parser. Do remember that the EntityResolver interface
does not resolve entity references, but entities themselves, translating
Public+System IDs into InputSources.

Probably it's better to stick with the current stuff...

	Pier