ant-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XSL taskdef (vote to include)
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2000 03:19:11 GMT
Rajiv Mordani wrote:

> > On including .jar files... I really don't think this is a big problem.
> > I do not however like the project-x/javac stuff and I am glad that is
> > gone.  However xalan is OSS and our own Dog Food so we should eat it :)
>
> Atleast compare 2 technologies that do the same thing... project X is an
> xml parser and xalan is an xsl engine..

I believe he was saying XERCES, not XALAN :) However, who cares, we have
JAXP (I llllloove it, I can use XERCES and you PROJECT-X without any
change in the source).

> On a separate note could you explain why you don't like project X. It is
> also going to be "OSS and our own Dog Food" soon. Would your opinion change
> then???

Because Project-X is bulky and it's COOOOOORRRRRPPOOOORATTTEEEE :)
hahahahahaha :) Who the hell cares? I mean, the parser is such a stupid
piece in ANT that it was about the time that JSR5 came out :)
I don't want to choose a parser for that, just give me the default
stinkin one... (I want to see it in the next JDK, that's it!)

	Pier