ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Flexibility Syndrom
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2000 23:05:20 GMT
This project was started to help setting a standard tool for building
java software for the Apache Project.

The people in charge of this project _do_not_ have time to spend on this
besides getting their job done.

At the same time, we do not want to fork this project in tons of
different details.

So, those of you that want to create a full language out of Ant, they
are free to do it... but not here.

Those others that want to add useful functionalities are welcome to
collaborate... but please, try to keep the signal/noise ratio high
enough or this project will collapse.

We already lost Pier and Costin and this means we are all going to leave
it we continue in this direction and each project will have its own Ant.

So, if you have problems and would like to solve them, propose solutions
that have a minimal impact on the project and get your job done. Don't
argue over and over about theorical implication of your reasonings.

Sorry to be harsh, but this is just a tool, damn it... we have real
stuff to do!

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.