ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@relativity.yi.org>
Subject XSL taskdef (vote to include)
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2000 21:06:01 GMT
So for Alexandria (http://relativity.yi.org/alexandria) I need to build
in a new task for XSL transformations.  Specifically because I want to
transform like 5 documents and I want it to be part of the standard
build.

What I propose is to create a new task that will transform an XML
document with a Stylesheet into another XML document:

<xsl in="in.xml" xsl="in.xsl" out="out.xml"/>

I could include this as part of Alexandria but I think it belongs here.
The only downside is that it brings up the requirement of Xalan.  As
long as you don't use the <xsl> tag you won't need the xalan.jar but you
would need it to compile.

So what I propose is to build out a new taskdef this weekend and place
it in ant and also include the xalan.jar as part of the distribution.
If no one -1s me then I will go ahead.

Kevin

--
Kevin A Burton (burton@apache.org)