ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ludovic Claude ...@websitewatchers.com>
Subject Re: problem with writing a task
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2000 00:34:58 GMT
Fotis Jannidis wrote:

> Hello,
> I have problems to write a task. The example in the doc files doesn't work (it uses two
> variables, 'msg' and 'message'):

> Even if I set everything to 'message' I get a nullpointerexception thrown by
> org.apache.tools.ant.Project.createTask(Project.java)

You need to register your task, else ant doesn't know anything about it (it doesn't discover
new tasks automatically...). The command for that is <taskdef name="mytask"
classname="mypackage.MyVeryOwnClass" /> and you need to include it in the init target.

Note: Add to the TODO list: more human-readable error reporting.

Ludovic.

Web Site Watchers Ltd
212 Piccadilly,
London W1V 9LD