ant-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Richardson <maxw...@telesoft.com>
Subject Newer ant release
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2000 17:09:52 GMT

Hi,
I have the Dec 15 release of ant and I can't get the jar tag to jar the
contents of a directory.
I tried the following.
        <!-- Jar up the WAR -->
        <jar jarfile="${release.dir}/${prjname}.war"
              basedir="${release.prj.dir}"
             items="*" ignore="docs" />

and get the following error.

Building jar: /home/maxwell/release/demo.war
BUILD FATAL ERROR: Problem creating jar /home/maxwell/release/demo/* (No
such file or directory)

I noticed in CVS a new index.html with includes, excludes, etc and
deprecation. Oh BTW the copyright at the end of this file bothered my
emacs.
Is it suppose to be &copy;   ?

We are looking for a relatively stable build for everyday use.

What is an appropriate package for us to use for production?

Will the deprecation break our existing ant files?

Thanks for the help,
Eric :-)

p.s. great tool - One build we had using Make went from 3 hours to 2
minutes which is a 90x faster. We also were able to automate our release
in ANT which was done before is a shell script. Now it's all managed in
on place.