ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel, Matthew" <MDan...@qwiz.com>
Subject Re: 1 suggestion and 1 bug report for ant
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:59:30 GMT
> The suggestion is - check to see if fastjar is installed on
> the system and
> if so, use that instead of jar - fastjar is a c replacement for jar

I would recommend that the jar executable (and all the executables, for that
matter) be set as system properties.  That would graciously solve that
problem.

I also wanted to ask about "expensive" operations.  I am working with
Antlr/SableCC and there is a grammar which produces many java files, then
the 1 or 2 java files that I contribute to the project.  I only want those
many files rebuilt if the grammar file has changed.  How can I accomplish
this?

  Thanks,
  -- /v\atthew

--
Matthew L Daniel                               Network Administrator
Still Current Development, Inc.                http://www.scd.com/