ant-dev mailing list archives

From Rajiv Mordani <m...@chinet.com>
Subject Re: XSL taskdef (vote to include)
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2000 10:08:05 GMT
Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:
> Rajiv Mordani wrote:
> >
> > > On including .jar files... I really don't think this is a big problem.
> > > I do not however like the project-x/javac stuff and I am glad that is
> > > gone.  However xalan is OSS and our own Dog Food so we should eat it :)
> >
> > Atleast compare 2 technologies that do the same thing... project X is an
> > xml parser and xalan is an xsl engine..
>
> I believe he was saying XERCES, not XALAN :) However, who cares, we have
> JAXP (I llllloove it, I can use XERCES and you PROJECT-X without any
> change in the source).
>
> > On a separate note could you explain why you don't like project X. It is
> > also going to be "OSS and our own Dog Food" soon. Would your opinion change
> > then???
>
> Because Project-X is bulky and it's COOOOOORRRRRPPOOOORATTTEEEE :)

The latter I agree but not the former...

> hahahahahaha :) Who the hell cares? I mean, the parser is such a stupid
> piece in ANT that it was about the time that JSR5 came out :)

Yep I agree with you on this one.. I am waiting for the 7th of March before
checking in the changes for ant to use JAXP as I don't want to break the
tomcat folks who are doing a beta on that date.

--
  UNIX _is_ user friendly,
  he's just very picky about who his friends are.