ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Optional taskdefs and providing additional params to Taskdefs
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2000 18:05:45 GMT
> - We need to agree on a way to except optional taskdefs like the recent
> xslt task.
>
> I propose we place them in a org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional
> package.  We really need to keep everything together in one place.
> Thoughts?  I would really like to get this straightened out.

Yes, I agree it would be nice to have an optional set of tasks that can ship
with a full Ant distro that people can use at will. However, I'd also like
to solve the problem of making it easier to pick up taskdefs that people
might create on the fly.

> - We need to provide additional information to Taskdefs by enhancing the
> interface to include a
>
> public void setExtendedParameters( DocumentFragment df );

Why are you exposing XML doc frags within the internal APIs? Once the XML
build file is read, we're not in XML land anymore. I'd like to keep it that
way and just leave XML as the disk based data format.

.duncan