ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Unbundling copying support files from the javac task
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2000 00:25:47 GMT
> At the moment, the javac task does two things: compiles java source files
> and copies any other files it finds in the source directory into the
> destination directory.

Yeah, on reflection that might not have been quite the right thing since
usually .property and other resources that go into a jar are far and few
between. Heck, I think in the majority case, these files can be placed in
with simple copyfile tasks. In the more heavyweight case, a seperate
resource dir could be made that was clean.

+1

.duncan