ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: XSL taskdef (vote to include)
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2000 00:05:34 GMT
> On including .jar files... I really don't think this is a big problem.
> I do not however like the project-x/javac stuff and I am glad that is
> gone.  However xalan is OSS and our own Dog Food so we should eat it :)

But we don't need to permanently ingest it into the source tree. If you want
to build Xalan into Ant and we end up with the conditional compilation
stuff, then simply make the requirement that xml-xalan be checked out
parallel to jakarta-ant. No biggie. And no requirement for checking in jars
to get outdated into the source tree.

.duncan