ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: dependancies (was: Re: FW: 1 suggestion and 1 bug...)
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2000 14:13:22 GMT
> Ahhh, so desu nee.  I think if we could update the documentation to
> reflect that it would make people's lives easier.  I am a firm believer
that
> expectations are generated from documentation - ergo, say that it is a
"Make
> augmentation tool" {side steps that ugly flame-bait} rather than a "Make
> replacement," which it clearly is not [yet].

Well, to be quite honest, it wasn't really a prime time tool when first
released. It was just a quick tool that was used to build Tomcat. Nothing
more. I didn't expect it to get any attention. Of course, now that it is
obvious that it would, I regret not doing more in the way of 1) engineering
it well, and 2) documenting it well.

.duncan