ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jayme Edwards" <an...@execpc.com>
Subject Re: Ant module in Forte
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2000 01:43:01 GMT
As a side note, the package is currently org.apache.antmodule, I can modify
this to org.apache.tools.ant.module if you'd like. Also, there is nothing in
the module that alters the compilation of Ant, you will not need a separate
build, just an additional target to output the module that is itself
dependent on Xerces/Xalan (if desired). The module uses a combination of
XPath and the Ant API to accomplish the target execution/creation. Either
way, I want to make sure Sun is able to include this module in the
auto-update list for Forte , so whatever I/you would need to do to
accomplish this would be great.

Jayme

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefano Mazzocchi" <stefano@apache.org>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2000 2:52 AM
Subject: Re: Ant module in Forte

> "Edwards, Jayme" wrote:
> >
> > I've written a module for Forte for Java 1.0 that adds support for
Apache's "Ant" build scripting tool and am trying to figure out the best way
to open the source up and get it finished.  I would like to contribute it
under the Apache license, I'm not sure if it would be better to host on a
Sun CVS or Apache/Jakarta CVS server. Either way, the module currently:

> > *       Requires Xalan 1.0, Xerces 1.0.3 and any version of Ant Post
March 1st
> > *       Coexists properly with the XML module
> > *       Allows building of Ant projects and execution of Ant targets
from within the IDE
> > *       Displays properties of each project, target, or task
> > *       Allows extensibility through a configurable XML file that maps
tasks to attribute sets
> > *       Contains a template for creating a new project (in progress)
> > *       Will allow addition of new tasks with auto-validation for the
required set of attributes for that task (wizard in progress)

> > Please let me know ASAP, I am working on another extensive integration
project using Forte and could really use any help with development of the
module from the community.