ant-dev mailing list archives

From cos...@eng.sun.com
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/lib xml.jar
Date Sun, 27 Feb 2000 22:43:17 GMT
> > Well I have the changes for Ant to use JAXP.. Will be looking into tomcat
> and
> > then we should be fine to replace the xml.jar with jaxp.
>
> Can we shift to SAX soon to as well please. :)

Tomcat is using SAX.
We'll add JAXP, but right now we fix bugs :-)

I think it will be a good idea to use the XmlMapper in ant.
XmlMapper is similar with ProjectHelper, and it's derived from it. IT was
enhanced to handle sub tasks and complex xml to object mappings.

It may be a bit too complex for ant ( where the xml format can change and
it's not very different from the object model  - as oposed to web.xml in
tomcat), and it still has problems in error handling ( if the xml document
is incorect - ProjectHelper will also fail )

Let me know what you think about that, sharing code is good.

Costin