ant-dev mailing list archives

From cos...@eng.sun.com
Subject Re: ANT's strange semantics and proposed change
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2000 16:08:21 GMT
> Actually, there was no intention of keeping the DOM processing in place. It
> really should be a SAX read of the XML file directly into tasks and
> projects. Using DOM was a cheap hack for me. I was on an airplane with 3
> hours to code and I didn't feel like building up a SAX handler to do it
> right, so I cheated. I never got around to taking the cheat out.

Tomcat has a SAX handler ( which is mostly derived from ProjectHelper,
with DOM replaced with SAX and few more patterns added to handle more
complex cases - like web.xml).

I think it's reasonable code, and it will be very nice if we can merge the
2 solutions. I'm still working on improving the error reporting and
how it behaves on broken input, and will be probably good enough before
tomcat 3.1.

Costin