ant-dev mailing list archives

From cos...@eng.sun.com
Subject Re: Patterns for addXXX ( was: Re: discussion: build file format)
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2000 19:13:50 GMT
> OK, fixed.
>
> BTW - I tried to generate some discussion on this on this mailing list, but
> didn't get any takers.

I filter ant mails in a different folder, and never got time to read all
of it...

I think we are talking about a very important and common problem, how
to map xml into java objects.

It is clear that we can use some simple pattern like addXXX or createXXX
and the Java type system/hierarchy to create extremly easy to use
mappings, and ant is a perfect example.

In tomcat we also try to deal with the same problem - it would be a good
idea to try to merge the 2 helpers ( XmlMapper and ProjectHelper ).

Costin