ant-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: Problems with 1.3RC1 and taskdef
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2000 01:38:57 GMT
+1 for className as the property.

dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
I've just returned from THE Java Programming Conference, - be there next year

----- Forwarded by dIon Gillard/Multitask Consulting/AU on 03/02/2000 12:38
  Submitted by      Category                      .               Public
 on 03/02/2000
 at 01:51
                                                image moved to

Re: Problems with 1.3RC1 and taskdef

Conor MacNeill wrote:
> I didn't the details of your problem but I have run into a problem
> the same) with 1.3RC1. The Java task does not work. It appears to be
> the introspector does not find the setClass method in I
> ProjectHelper to dump the names of all the properties as it loops through
> them and all appear but setClass doesn't appear. I changed the method
> setClassname, changed the <java element to use classname="..." and it
> I'm not sure why this is since it works on 1.1.8 and 1.2.2 (NT). Is it a
> in JDK1.3RC1? Perhaps a simple name change would be expeditious anyway
> Cheers
> Conor

Good debugging.  In java "class" is a reserved word - perhaps the designers
of the introspector decided to tighten up the spec?  If so, I can't find a
mention of this in the compatibility section.

In any case, I agree that a simple name change would be expeditious, so
let's make it official and vote on the change:

> Wong Kok Wai wrote:
> There are also reports of rmic taskdef not working under 1.3RC1.

It also has a setClass method that should be fixed at the same time.

- Sam Ruby

              Previous Document (Embe (Embe Next Document
                                dded   dded
                                image image
                                moved moved
                                to       to