ant-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject RE: Problems with 1.3RC1 and taskdef
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2000 01:45:24 GMT
Alternatively, we could introduce a beaninfo class for the various classes?

Any votes on that idea?
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

----- Forwarded by dIon Gillard/Multitask Consulting/AU on 03/02/2000 12:44
-----

  Submitted by      Category                      .               Public

 "Conor          <ant-dev@jakar
 MacNeill"       ta.apache.org>
 <conor@m64.com>
 on 03/02/2000
 at 00:36

                                                (Embedded
                                                image moved to
                                                file:
                                                pic21350.pcx)

RE: Problems with 1.3RC1 and taskdef

Dion,

I didn't the details of your problem but I have run into a problem
(probably
the same) with 1.3RC1. The Java task does not work. It appears to be
because
the introspector does not find the setClass method in Java.java. I changed
ProjectHelper to dump the names of all the properties as it loops through
them and all appear but setClass doesn't appear. I changed the method
setClassname, changed the <java element to use classname="..." and it
works.

I'm not sure why this is since it works on 1.1.8 and 1.2.2 (NT). Is it a
bug
in JDK1.3RC1? Perhaps a simple name change would be expeditious anyway

Cheers
Conor

              Previous Document (Embe (Embe Next Document
                                dded   dded
                                image image
                                moved moved
                                to       to