ant-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@ebinteractive.com.au>
Subject RE: Problems with 1.3RC1 and taskdef
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2000 02:33:48 GMT
+1 on the name change
-1 on introducing beaninfo class. I think the introspection is much simpler
to manage and understand. Of course changing all the build.xml files isn't
fun either :-(

Conor


> -----Original Message-----
> From: dion@multitask.com.au [mailto:dion@multitask.com.au]
> Sent: Thursday, 3 February 2000 12:45
> To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Problems with 1.3RC1 and taskdef
>
>
> Alternatively, we could introduce a beaninfo class for the
> various classes?
>
> Any votes on that idea?
> --
> dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
> Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au
> Play:        http://www.trongus.com
> I've just returned from THE Java Programming Conference,
> http://www.SoftwareSummit.com - be there next year
>
> ----- Forwarded by dIon Gillard/Multitask Consulting/AU on
> 03/02/2000 12:44
> -----
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>   Submitted by      Category                      .               Public
>
>  "Conor          <ant-dev@jakar
>  MacNeill"       ta.apache.org>
>  <conor@m64.com>
>  on 03/02/2000
>  at 00:36
>
>                                                 (Embedded
>                                                 image moved to
>                                                 file:
>                                                 pic21350.pcx)
>
>
>
> RE: Problems with 1.3RC1 and taskdef
>
>
> Dion,
>
> I didn't the details of your problem but I have run into a problem
> (probably
> the same) with 1.3RC1. The Java task does not work. It appears to be
> because
> the introspector does not find the setClass method in Java.java. I changed
> ProjectHelper to dump the names of all the properties as it loops through
> them and all appear but setClass doesn't appear. I changed the method
> setClassname, changed the <java element to use classname="..." and it
> works.
>
> I'm not sure why this is since it works on 1.1.8 and 1.2.2 (NT). Is it a
> bug
> in JDK1.3RC1? Perhaps a simple name change would be expeditious anyway
>
> Cheers
> Conor
>
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: dion@multitask.com.au [mailto:dion@multitask.com.au]
> > Sent: Wednesday, 2 February 2000 7:55
> > To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> > Subject: Problems with 1.3RC1 and taskdef
> >
> >
> > Any comments on my 1.3RC1 problems with taskdef? Is anyone else
> > having them
> > or using taskdef under 1.3?
> >
> > The bug does NOT appear under IBM1.1.8.
> > --
> > dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
> > Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au
> > Play:        http://www.trongus.com
> > I've just returned from THE Java Programming Conference,
> > http://www.SoftwareSummit.com - be there next year
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>               Previous Document (Embe (Embe Next Document
>
>                                 dded   dded
>
>                                 image image
>
>                                 moved moved
>
>                                 to       to
>
>                                 file: file:
>
>                                 pic13 pic29
>
>                                 337.p 498.p
>
>                                 cx)     cx)
>
>
>
>                                                     Return to
> View
>
>
>                                                 (Embedded image
> moved to
>                                                   file:
> pic03809.pcx)
>
>
>
>
>


Mime
View raw message