ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kuiper, Arnout" <Arnout.Kui...@nl.origin-it.com>
Subject RE: Objections against advanced directory scanning
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2000 19:54:29 GMT
I feel I had to correct his one, before it is going to live
a life of its own...

> > 'the '**' feature it is exaclty what most users find
> > natural.'

The original message stated that the pattern -> without <- the
'**' feature would be natural to most users, because that is
what they are using in their dir & ls commands. The '**'
is just an add-on for extra power.

> 	Interestingly enough, zsh uses that pattern. Maybe
> thats why I bought
> the "finding natural" part ;-)

I checked the zsh manual, and you're right! It's there, and
by coincident it has the same meaning. (What a luck;-)

Thanks for pointing out!

Cheers,

  Arnout