ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Felciano, Ramon" <felci...@ingenuity.com>
Subject How does depends handle failure?
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2000 20:41:18 GMT

Hello all --

We are considering using Ant as cross-platform build format. I couldn't find
any description of how, if at all, Ant handles build failures. In
particular, if target A depends on target B, is there some sort of
acceptance test to make sure that target B actually completed successfully
before running target A? For example, I would rather not do a jar target
build unlesss the main javac target build ran without errors.

I have just joined this list, so if this is a FAQ or covered in a previous
message, please send me a pointer.

Thanks!

Ramon

Ramon M. Felciano