ant-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Proposal: XML output from ant tasks
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2000 17:03:46 GMT

Costin wrote:
> In the general case probably you're right, but I see nothing wrong with:
>
> logXml( "xml-log" );
> message("Error in foo ");

Looks like I dove into implementation too early.  Let's see if we agree on
the requirements.  If anybody disagrees with any of the items below, I will
supply rationalle.  Once we agree on the requirements, lets discuss the
implementation.  At that time, if the discussion is whether a given
approach is too hard or not, I will certainly be prepared to "name that
tune".

First, everything that is sent to the console should also go into to the
log.  (The converse is definately not true).

Second, I'd like to request that logXml be able to provide some support for
nested content

Finally, I would like to be able to log to the Xml file without require the
developer to code a lot of \" and <> characters.

- Sam Ruby