ant-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: discussion: build file format
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2000 15:54:40 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Anyway, do you realize how incredibly more complex Ant would become if
> we make this step?

I didn't fully appreciate the complexity when you asked the question.  I do
now.  I've been pleasantly surprised how incredibly easy it has been.

I added one method to ProjectHelper which simply iterates over the nested
elements and recurses.  This code is committed.

Based on this support, I've modify MatchingTask to not only handle nested
includes and excludes, but also do so conditionally.  There was essentially
no increase in complexity to handle nested XML entities.  In fact, by the
time I was done, the current attribute support became a convent shorthand
for nested entities.  I would commit this, but at the moment, I'm on the
road so it won't be until late tonight or early tomorrow.

- Sam Ruby