ant-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Problems with 1.3RC1 and taskdef
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2000 14:28:20 GMT

Conor MacNeill wrote:

> I didn't the details of your problem but I have run into a problem
(probably
> the same) with 1.3RC1. The Java task does not work. It appears to be
because
> the introspector does not find the setClass method in Java.java. I
changed
> ProjectHelper to dump the names of all the properties as it loops through
> them and all appear but setClass doesn't appear. I changed the method
> setClassname, changed the <java element to use classname="..." and it
works.

> I'm not sure why this is since it works on 1.1.8 and 1.2.2 (NT). Is it a
bug
> in JDK1.3RC1? Perhaps a simple name change would be expeditious anyway
>
> Cheers
> Conor

Good debugging.  In java "class" is a reserved word - perhaps the designers
of the introspector decided to tighten up the spec?  If so, I can't find a
mention of this in the compatibility section.

In any case, I agree that a simple name change would be expeditious, so
let's make it official and vote on the change:

+1

> Wong Kok Wai wrote:
>
> There are also reports of rmic taskdef not working under 1.3RC1.

It also has a setClass method that should be fixed at the same time.

- Sam Ruby