ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can Ant be used to compile C code?
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2000 12:04:14 GMT
Bernard Davison wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I down loaded ant last week and have been look through it. It seems to work
> great when building java code but can it build C code?
> also has anybody on the list used it with clearcase for source control ?
>
> see ya
> bernie.

Hmmmm, are you talking about compiling _both_ java and C or just C?

Because if you want to use C, I'd suggest you to use make. Never beat
the real thing :)

If you want to use C + java, maybe we should have a <make> task or
something like that... what do you guys think?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.