ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject re: repeating Filters
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2000 00:30:24 GMT
Fergus Gallagher wrote:

> I had been hoping to use a filter (for use with copydir) with the same
> filter name local to a particular target.

>     <target name="A">
> 	<filter token="myToken" value="VALUE_A"/>
>     </target>
>     <target name="B">
> 	<filter token="myToken" value="VALUE_B"/>
>     </target>

> But it seems <filter> is a global setting, set at parse time.  I used to
> use <KeySubst> but this has been deprecated.

> Anyone got a solution?

I agree that filters should have a scope that is not always global, so
for other things like properties and such.

The problem lays in the project DTD. Sam, are we able to create more
structured DTDs?

Now there are two classes of tasks:

 - tasks that perform an action
 - tasks that set project/target status (property, filter, available)

shouldn't we write different interfaces for the two?

should we allow to mix the two in the DTD?

comments?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.